Sunday, June 24, 2007

riding the wave


A friend of mine had a card posted at his desk that said something like (and I know I'm going to butcher this...) "if the waves in life get too big, learn to surf". It's kind of been my mantra thus far, however recently the drowning feeling has been taking over.

I pride myself on being this kick ass girl who made this amazingly independent decision to branch out in life and take matters into her own hands. I moved across the country & left everything I knew & loved...kind of like when I ran away from home my senior year in high school and rode a Greyhound bus to Lubbock.."please ride the bus". It was a great idea but within a short time span I was back at home on Meadowview Drive.

Occasionally I have this feeling like this isn't real and I'm going to go home soon. Kind of like I'm British and I'm on holiday...but I'm not, I've moved my life and I'm here to stay.

Things at work are a lot different than where I came from. Different store, different operation, different people, different region....just plain different. I have a bit of a step childish feeling at work. Once again...it feels like I'm helping out at a store opening & I'll be going home to my store soon....very weird.

My friend Kyle moved from Dallas to Austin a few years ago & quite a few months after he moved he told us how he was really depressed for a while because he realized that he had left all of his friends and making new ones wasn't a quick process.

That's where I'm at now. I love what I've seen so far & I have a TON of stuff I want to do, but there are just some things you want to do with another human being.

Until then....Radar makes an amazing companion...now if he only drank more rum....


No comments: