Thursday, June 7, 2007

Holy $$$$!!!!

I drove out to Naperville yesterday which is where I'll be working. With no traffic, it took me an hour & 5 minutes and about $3.50 in tolls. Did I mention that gas here is $3.67 right by my house? The closer you get to downtown it's about $3.99. Near Naperville I saw it as "low" as $3.48...note to self, buy gas near work.
I've been researching the train which is WAAAAY more economical but it turns my work day into about a 12-13 hour day. I need to see if the commute by car is the same or not...I think with traffic it will run about an hour 1/2 to 2 hours...therefore the train still may be the way to go.
My home is starting to look like a home finally. I've opened all boxes except the one marked WORK & now just have some knick-knacks lying around waiting for a home.
I'm hoping once I get completed & the place is cleaned (as much as an 80+ yr. old building can be cleaned) to get motivated enough to take some pics to post by this weekend....one thing at a time folks...one thing at a time.

No comments: