Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Alex I'll take "things that should be sticky" for $1000

...things that should be sticky....
Taffy
The back of a stamp
Tape
Glue
No-Pest Strips
Gum
That stuff you use on your fingers to count lots of money when you work retail/

Things that should not be sticky...
Kristen after she arrives at work her first day taking the train.
OH MY GOSH is was so freaking humid today I couldn't believe it! This what-I-consider-even-though-I-wasn't-born-there "native Texan" was complaining about the humidity all day!
Okay, so I braved the train. What a great experience! I'm ever so urban!!!
The process as a whole was fine. I actually log about 4 miles on foot during the whole round trip process. I walk about 1/2 mile to/from my house to the station..maybe another 1/2 mile between stations downtown, and another mile to/from work and the station in Naperville. I love the walking but NOT when it feels like I'm walking through blankets. Not even nice wool blankets...the gross polyester kind that some hotels have that feel like fuzzy rubber ( you know you all know what I'm talking about )...like a Holiday Inn blanket, not a Marriott blanket.
I think I've figured out that I save approx. $2.50 a day each time I take the train. It's not a million dollars but it's saving 90 miles off of my car each time and keeping me sane. For the most part, it's amazingly relaxing.
So, I can finally chock one thing up to going my way. Thank the Lord.

No comments: