Sunday, June 10, 2007

Last day of leisure

Morning folks...
Today is my last day of leisure before starting work. I don't know if unpacking, spending tons of money on STUFF, finding your way around the city, etc... is considered leisure time, but now that I'm coming 'round to the end of the week, I kind of wish I had a few more days off.
I finished setting up house last night...let me hear a big YIPPEE from the peanut gang!!!
I have a couple of purchases to make like rugs, plants, etc... but the way I've been hemorrhaging money out, those things are going to have to wait. I don't care how economical you are...moving is never cheap.
The weather was gorgeous yesterday & should be the same today. I spent 2 hours at the beach. It was awesome. Didn't go in the water other than to test it and it was FREEZING cold. I'll probably wait another few weeks for that. Just the fact that I could lay on the sand & listen to the waves was enough for me. This is the life.
Another debate I'm having is whether or not to pay for laundry service or sit at the wash-a-teria. It's again a matter of $$$$ vs. time. I dropped off what I had yesterday just to see the cost & how good they do. It's .90 per lb. & I had 23 lbs. That was about a weeks worth of clothes for $20. Hmmmm....I'm starting to think this freeloader of a dog needs to get a j-o-b if he wants to keep us in bones for very long :)
Speaking of the dog....something has affected his system. I'm not sure if it's the stress of the move, the water, the air, old age or what...but for the first time in his 10+ years, he is a GASSY dog...I never thought I'd smell the day....

1 comment:

Brian said...

I would totally go with the per pound wash and fold service. I've done both, and while it may be argued that you could use the wait time between cycles to read, catch up on your blog, etc., You can actually leave your stuff with the wash/fold lady overnight if you had to and pick it up later. Also, I learned that if the wash/fold lady accidentally lets your blues fade into the white part of your Coca-Cola shirt, Windex with Ammonia D will get it out.