Monday, August 27, 2007

Tick-tock...

Wow, inventory came & went....THANK GOD!
I've been bitching enough about work this week that I'll just spare everyone the boring details...
Only 2 more days at Naperville!!! I will miss the people & the challenge, but not the chaos and the commute. 'Nuff said about that.
I leave for Big D early Thursday morning & I'm really looking forward to getting on a plane to go somewhere, even if it is the city I couldn't wait to leave (let me stress, the city NOT the people).
Speaking of leaving Dallas, I guess I could take a moment to reflect on the past few months...
I've been here since June 1st. Almost 3 months since I've up & left my life to start a new one. I know my move not only affected myself but others in my life. It was a really hard decision to make, but one I don't regret.
This move has completely changed me. It may have seemed crazy to some people, but it's turned out to be an amazing adventure so far.
I've tried new things, made new friends, started not one, but soon two new jobs, ventured out to do things on my own, ridden my bike, spent more time with Radar, walked, cried (a lot), become more independent, more stable (well, maybe not financially...moving across the country ain't free you know!), and the list could go on & on....
I'm happy with where I'm at, even on the days that I cry like a freak...
I've embraced Chicago and Chicago has embraced me....now talk to me when winter hits!

3 comments:

sarah b. said...

you go girl! Woo hoo for you! Hopefull we'll get to hang out after your trip. What day do you get back? We are getting back from Colorado on Saturday night.

Robert said...

I knew Chicago would be a good move for you! It's been hard, I'm sure, but it's really been (and will continue to be) a good decision for you.

Rasquachi said...

We are glad to have you... a-hole.

The weather isn't as bad as everyone says (I'm from CA, remember?). PLUS it means you get to trot out all your best knits!!!!!!!!!!