Monday, September 3, 2007

Back from Big D

YAAA HOOO!!
I went to Texas but now I'm back. Glad I got to see everyone that I did, but I have to say...they city itself reconfirmed why I wanted to leave.
Not only do I feel that there isn't really that much to do, but all of the stuff I did enjoy doing is closed/closing down....and by God if there is a smidge of bare land...some land developer will come snatch it up and build condo's on it...
What I always wonder is while it's great to build new property, what the hell do these people do for entertainment??? Literally everything that gets knocked down is replaced with an extremely overpriced condo! The apts. behind my old duplex got knocked down last summer to be replaced with an entire street of condos..."ranging from $620,000 to $1.2 million!"....and that's behind my little 'ol duplex??? I just don't get the lack of preservation in that city...
Anyway, all went well with friends & family. But by the way...while the midwest is all about "it's our last hurrah weekend for summer...no more summer...summer's almost over....etc.."...it is still summer in Texas at 90+ degrees outside....
....as it should be :)

No comments: