Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Stitch N' Pitch 2007

Becky, Kristen, & Sarah from the Edgewater Stitch n' Bitch

Hey all! We had a ton of fun at our Stitch N' Pitch game this Saturday night. We had a few beers and enjoyed watching the Sox game in the heat.
Not to offend anyone but let me tell you, there is some SERIOUS white trash at that ball park! You just couldn't get enough of Billy Jo and Bobby Sue...and I thought I'd left the South!
The game was fun, although "the women" as we'll refer to ourselves, sat & talked while enjoying our stadium beer. There were probably about 6-8 rows of knitters in our area...fun, yet bizarre to watch.
Afterwards, we went to an art show at the home of a friend of a friend, and on the way I had an unfortunate accident and took a fairly large "chunk" out of my big toe. The words "chunk" and "flap" have been used quite frequently to describe different parts of the injury...I'm glad I'm off tomorrow as the "flap" had to be removed and now I just have a "hole". Nice...are you all grossed out now???

It's a wonder I can do this since I quit yoga back in March!

By the way, I now feel that paper towel, band-aids, and hot pink masking tape should be a part of every persons street triage kit :)

1 comment:

sarah b. said...

OMG, you had to amputate the flap??? God! I had fun at SnP AND riding bikes on Sunday!!! Yay!!! Did you explore Evanston, today????