Thursday, August 23, 2007

S-u-c-k, traffic ain't no fun today it's sucky...hey hey it's sucky!

I trust you all figured out that the title should be sung to the school age song of,
"u-g-l-y you ain't got no alibi you ugly, hey hey, you ugly".

Enough...

If you've been watching the news you'd know there were violent and torrential rains this afternoon in the city of Chicago & surrounding areas.

First, the tornado alarm went off at the store/warehouse..."this is NOT a drill, I repeat...this is not a drill". We had to evacuate all employees and customers...fun, fun, fun...That lasted about 30-40 minutes.

Oh yeah...did I mention that when I got to work I realized that I had left my leftovers sitting in my lunch bag on the floor???? About 3 days worth of chicken pasta in the trash. Thank goodness Radar wasn't that nosy and or persistant enough to open Tupperware.

Then, the icing on the cake...
I got in the car at 5:30ish to go home...
I can't even muster up the energy to go through all of the sorted traffic details but the end result was this...
I arrived at my front gate at 9:08 pm. It took me 3 1/2 hours to go approx. 50 miles.
I am officially defeated.
I will be taking the train this morning even if I have to walk through fire to get to & from the train stations in order NOT to have to drive.
Sigh....

2 comments:

Robert said...

Okay, that is officially history's worst commute. So glad you won't have to deal with that when you start your new job.

Rasquachi said...

M-A-M-A! You know how you got that way-- yo' mama (wha? wha?), yo' mama!

That's the second verse.