Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sass, snow boots & falling ice



Well I finally bought a cheap pair of boots...just in time to use them!


We had a small "storm" if you will...which was worse in the burbs than in the city.


I went to the Crate party last night and in order to do the whole, driving, parking hustle, Christine & I decided to take public transport. So we had to walk in our sassy skirts to the El, then walk a country mile when we got off of the El.


First of all, my thigh high socks saved me. That layered with hose made an amazingly warm, yet sexy combination. Lucky no one was to see....


My cheap little boots worked nicely, and looked great as we entered and exited the party. Funny how we definitely weren't the only one's to check shoes along with our coats at the coat check.


Party was okay...ran into a lot of people I hadn't seen in a while. The band was B-A-D. Quite the huge production but very party predictable.... It ain't a party unless someone plays "Shout". Of course a little Morris Day and The Time didn't' hurt either.


The food was everywhere. Didn't eat much but then I wasn't too interested in the tator tot bar. Christine on the other hand....


Afterwards a few of us went to a bar around the corner until the wee hours. The drinking laws here are quite different. The time you can serve until depends on what liquor license you have. Some bars serve until 2, some until 3, etc...


All I know is that I went to bed at 3:40 this morning & woke up stupid early this morning with a headache that 2 cups of coffee cured.


Good times, good times.


1 comment:

Deanna said...

Sassy!

I went out last night, too...in heels. I'm a DUMBASS. But I was also taking cabs everywhere, so it worked out alright.