Friday, November 30, 2007

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!...and other crap

ahhh life....let's start this post same as the last one ended...
I've been in this city 6 months today. Toot toot...that's a celebratory horn in case you're not on board with my over-the-top humor.
This has been the craziest experience of my life hands down. Packing up all of my shit, leaving everything and everyone I know, and moving across the country.
Some call it crazy, some call it liberating...it simply depends on how many cocktails you're inhaling when you call it.... Plus it's easier for people to tell you how proud they are of you and how amazing it must be and how they wish they had the balls to do it...when it's NOT THEM.
I have no regrets about moving cities. I love this city. Even as I sit here and brace for the bad weather which will start tomorrow. I will get up early and go buy boots just like I got up early and went to Auto Zone today to get scrapers, de-icer, windshield fluid, and a snow brush.
All just in time for the Crate & Barrel holiday party which my horoscope insists I attend.
This city is amazing. There is so much to do and so much to see. There is a bigger sense of community than I ever could have imagined. Every where I go I meet more and more amazingly creative people. Everyone here has been extremely friendly and inviting (except when behind the wheel).
Yet here at this 6 month milestone I realize that this is a huge, stressful adjustment. Days go by when I miss my friends & my family. I think a lot about my past yet realize that I've already started my future, and I think I'm looking for some fast answers to some really slow-long winded questions.
I've come to a screeching halt in the last 48 hours.
One of my favorite $10 words is "epiphany"...and I think I've just had a few big ones with a little help from some friends....
I moved here and I'm here to stay. Unless of course dream job with dream pay comes my way in Hawaii or the Caribbean :)
I have no intentions of looking back, only forward. I can't change what I've done and how I did it, but I can learn from it and grab the handles tight and hold on for the continued bumpy ride. Good things will come my way as they already have. I simply have to take things as they come and realize that nothing amazing is going to happen overnight...it already has. I live here and despite my current screwy frame of mind, I live a pretty amazing life for a girl who picked up alone and is trying to start life over.
Thanks to those of you who have helped me through to this anniversary. It's been a really rough ride with some smooth patches along the way....I only pray that the potholes get patched up soon.
Even though I'm spending this anniversary alone, Radar will help me lap up a rum & coke and raise it to those who helped us get where we are today.
Have a great weekend :)

1 comment:

Rasquachi said...

Technically, it's a semi-anniversary...

I know, shoot me now.