Monday, December 24, 2007

You know Dasher, and Dancer, and Prancer....

Here it is Christmas Eve. I'm in Michigan with my sister and her family which is a far cry from how I spent Thanksgiving!
The drive was 5 hours of no weather which was perfect. I arrived on Friday & leave on Wednesday morning. 5 days away from normalcy has been a nice break.
Tonight we went to Renee's sisters house for Christmas Eve dinner. I can't remember the last time I saw a bunch of little kids (if ever) opening gifts. There were 4 boys ages (I'm guessing) 4-6 with serious short attention span!
As one gift was opened, someone would yell, "oh cool, look mom what I got!". It would take about 3.5 seconds before the next gift was noticed and ripped into, leaving mom holding PILES of unwrapped gifts. The entire process was sweet, sweet chaos & made me realize that as commercialized as this holiday is, the gift giving part of it really is about the kids... and I loved watching every second of it.
Gotta run now...Santa will be arriving soon.....nighty night.

1 comment:

sarah b. said...

Hope you had a great christmas. What are you doing tonight? (26th) Are you up for a Manhattan and some knitting?