Saturday, December 29, 2007

A Jolly Old Elf... yeah right

I have to say that the holiday made me the jolly old elf... at least for a few days.
I had a wonderful time with my sister and her family. It was a nice getaway from my crazy life in Chi-town.
What crazy life you might say??? Well, as the months are rolling around I'm finding that I'm trying to settle into this move and what it's meant to me. I think the "new" has worn off and now trying to find myself has been a little harder than I thought....I guess you could say I'm still lost.
As I'm going through this process one thing I'm realizing is who my tried and true friends are and I thank you again for being there.
Life is funny...you think you have all the answers to make things good & happy, then you move on them and BAM! Slap in da face. Fast forward to present times, not quite as happy as I'd planned to be. Quite low I might add... but then sometimes being really low is quite an eye-opening experience.
Low has lots of misery, low has lots of tears, low has no appetite, low doesn't want to cook, low has the shakes, low has little energy and low actually gets lots of sleep.
You come across people in life that are/have experienced "low" but you don't really understand it unless you're there... Just a news bulletin, low exists and low is real and I didn't understand it until I was there... I now get it & I don't wish it upon anyone I know.... low sucks....
Okay enough about low & his friends, I'm beginning to finally start on the uphill swing from low...it's just taken many weeks to get here.
I have good feelings about the new year coming upon us. I have great plans for both New Year's Eve AND New Year's Day and I'm psyched about both... and speaking of psyched, Cassidy & I went downtown today & stumbled upon a psychic... I got my palm read... Oh baby, 2008 is going to be a rockin' year!!!!!!

1 comment:

Robert said...

Trust me, sweetie, I know low. Remember that finding out who you are isn't a final destination, it's a constantly changing place. I have always felt this move to Chicago would be a good thing for you. 2008 is going to rock for you!