Saturday, December 8, 2007

I can tell the difference

When you live in Texas, you get used to the heat. You can tell a distinct difference between 105 and 95. 95 feels cool after it's been 105 for a while.

I used to think that the 40's was fairly cold. Now I think differently...

Today I went to Christkindlmarket...a German holiday festival in Daley Plaza. Giant tree, manger (which desperately needed to get the snow off of baby Jesus), lots of German crafts & wares, and tons of German food...
Now this whole scene was outdoors. The high today was 24. Not that that was so cold, but I now know for sure, I've GOT to get heavier gloves and thicker socks. My hands and feet were freezing. I'm usually not a weather puss but after a few hours I was DONE....Christine looked at her twin 8 yr. olds & said, "Kristen is from a much warmer state, lets wrap it up so we can find somewhere to go sit inside"...two 8 years olds put me to shame...they only had a leg up on me because they were wearing snow pants....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! pretty funny :-)