Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Crapapalooza '07

Oh boy was last night fun....
Got home from work, found a fabulous "pile" from Radar on my new ivory shag rug. Had to clean it...it's still drying in the tub 24 hours later...
Fast forward...2:40 this morning I wake up to a dog sitting on my shoulder, violently shaking, and wickedly panting...his was so stiff you would have thought rigamortis had set in...
He's acting really weird, I'm thinking he's having a heart attack or something, he's jumping up & down off the bed, lying down, getting up, lying down, getting up...then he gets down off of the bed and squirts liquid poo all over my OTHER ivory shag Flokati rug....nice....I take him out where the fun continues, bring him back in and begin to clean the mess. I've recently decided that the Flokati has almost seen it's day but now Radar has made that decision for me...I pick up the rug & try to fold the corner over to just trash the whole thing, and the corner falls out & the liquid poo plops nicely on my bedroom floor.
I proceed to the dumpster in the alley at 3:00 am (scary), then return to clean the mess off of my bedroom floor.
I call the animal 9-1-1 where I ask some irritable queen if I can give my dog any over the counter stuff for diarrhea...his response, "no...........we don't know what's wrong with him"...ass...
He gives some advice, we go back to bed & 30 minutes or so later, the shaking starts again...I took him out where the fun continued, we came back in, went back to bed & got up this morning and hit the vet at 8:00 sharp...did I mention that during this mornings walk I turned a Ziploc bag inside out so I could have a tasty sample of the liquid poo????
Long story short (too late), he has a bacterial infection which he could have gotten anywhere....oh yeah, and an unrelated mild heart murmur....nice...
I pray that this week has at least ONE normal day in it because it hasn't so far!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that Radar is sick, hope he is better very soon. Hope you get new rugs soon also....Life is never dull anymore is it?
Best wishes
Kimberly