Saturday, May 12, 2007

Movin' On Up


Hello to all of my favorite people...

As most of you know, I'm moving from Dallas to Chicago in a matter of weeks.
Since I vary from day to day on the emotional scale, I decided to create a blog so I could occasionally escape the hell that is known as packing and give myself a mental break from time to time.


Let's start with time frames to catch everyone up to speed...
-Tuesday, May 22nd my Relocubes are being dropped off. (like PODS but cheaper & a faster turn around)
-Friday, May 25th Relocubes picked up & I wave bye-bye as my entire life drives away to go across the country
-That night we drive to Longview for Courtney & Camilles high school graduation (Glenn's nieces)
-Come back to Dallas Saturday
-Sunday, May 26th Glenn's stuff is moved into his new apt.
-Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of that week, we stay at Glenn's as 6402 Del Norte will be empty & ready to be cleaned. (We also work all 3 days)
-Wednesday night May 30th, get a good night's sleep
-Thursday, May 31st wake up at the crack o' dawn & drive 15 hours to Chi-town!!!
-Friday, June 1st move into my new home in Chicago (whew).
-Monday, June 4th, Glenn flies back to Dallas

Okay there's your chronological order for those of you who continue to ask me, "now when are you moving?".

This has been an interesting experience so far, yet one that has definately tested my organizational skills. I've never made so many lists and spreadsheets in my life...and if I might add, I've gotten quite crafty with my self-taught Excel skills!...speaky of crafty, did I tell you all that on my last trip to Chicago I ran across a store called the Crafty Beaver? Nice..."Daddy I want to go to the Crafty Beaver"...hmmm...

In theory, I really only have 2 weeks before my "stuff" will be gone and I will be living out of a suitcase for a week...good thing I'm not afraid to wear a pair of jeans twice :)

4 comments:

Robert said...

Glad to know there is a schedule. Hope we have at least one chance to see each other before you go! Love you much!

Roger said...

Ahhhh, Kristen.....
Another Spice Girl leaves the nest... Best wishes to you both. Hope all goes well with the move. Let me know how it goes--I know some peeps in Chicago with the charity that I belong to--their Coronation weekend isn't too far off--maybe I'll hop a plane and visit! Send pics!

Hugs, love, and kisses!
....Posh

PS Where did all that stuff come from???????

Brian said...

Yours is prettier than mine.
I'm having fun with HTML tags! Hee hee.

Anonymous said...

Kristen-

Omigosh! I must be out of the loop! You're moving to Chicago?! I've been so wrapped up with my new job & traveling that I've lost touch.

I have got to give you a call and find out what is going on.

Will there be an opportunity to see you before you leave?

Much love.