Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Lost w/o Technology...

Tomorrow is my last day at work. I have mixed feelings about all of this. Excited & terrified all at the same time.
I found out this week that I will be working at the store farthest away from my new home. I have a big feeling I will be embracing public transportation much more than anticipated since gas in Chicago is now at $3.75-$3.80 per gallon....yikes!
We have been staying at Glenn's new apartment but have had no internet service until today. What did we do before the internet??? Pick up the phone and call someone? Write a letter? Use an encylopedia? Call information? Tin can & string? Morse code? Watch the news?
It's kind of ridiculous because when I finally checked my email tonight, all but maybe 2 messages were not SPAM. On average, I get about 30 SPAM emails a day & they're now starting to overflow out of my bulk folder into my inbox. That's what I get for having the same email address for the last 10-12 years.
Okay, backtrack, backtrack...sorry...last day of work, take Tylenol PM, got to bed between 7-8pm, get up at 2:00am on the road at 3:00am. Cooler full of snacks & Red Bull...everything you need for a long ass road trip.
I'll be updating the blog via text messages & cell phone pics. See, what did we do before the internet???

1 comment:

Brian said...

I remember what we did before the Internet. We called Time & Temperature in the middle of the night so our friends could "beep in" and the phone wouldn't ring so we wouldn't get in trouble. All while watching the Von Erich's on Saturday night. What did we do before Call Waiting!?"