Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Iron Claw LIVES



Okay as I'm trying to finance my move across the country, I have been liquidating my life so to speak. I've sold lots of things on Ebay, become less attached to items I've collected, and learned the greatness that is Craigslist.org to sell the larger items.
One thing I decided to sell was this innocent little hardcover coffee table book about the Von Erich family. For those of you native to Texas, you might remember the Von Erichs as one of the most amazing families known to wrestling.
Yes, Me & my best friend Francesca spent many a Saturday night in my junior high years watching the greatness known as rasslin' which took place not too far from our home at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX. I believe it was the WWF which was the World Wrestling Federation. We simply watched it because it was on late and okay to stay up for on slumber party weekends, AND we really believed that the Von Erichs (Kevin was our favorite because he was the cutest) were really kicking the crap out of their evil nemesis' Nature Boy Ric Flair...and the Fabulous Freebirds....and Skandar Akbar...I could go on & on & on...
Anyway, I stumbled upon this book at a store in Dallas about a year ago. It's a family album type coffee table book which tells the history of the Von Erich family & has an amazing amount of photos to boot. I thought one of my good friends might get a kick out if it as a white elephant gift, but it never made it out of the closet...
Fast forward to now. I'm selling the hell out of everything and I come across this book. I'm thinking, "okay I paid $20 for it which is way more than I should have, I'm sure there is some crazy fan who would appreciate it more than I do".
Last Sunday I listed it on Ebay with a $9.99 starting bid....here is the link to the closing bid.....cha ching...it just goes to show that one mans trash is definitely another man's treasure.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:L:EOISSAA:US:11&item=280112454339

5 comments:

Brian said...

My best friend in sixth grade, Russell DeWolfe, and I used to watch Saturday Night Wrestling together on the phone. I was so happy for him when his parents actually took him there for his birthday one year and I saw him on t.v. getting one of the Von Erich's autograph. I think that was the year we got call waiting. It was cool.

Randy said...

I remember wattchong wrestling with my dad on saturday night. Stay up late it was so cool then. He actually took me and my brother to meet the Von Erich's when they came to Amarillo once.

Anonymous said...

You didnt even mention Kerry :-(

Our HS band sponsored a WWF night in our gym. I remember the Von Erichs came. All that sweat flying on us a ringside. If I only "really" knew then!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! $120.27 cha ching...
you're rich.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.