Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Dimensional space antics...


So my Relocubes were delivered today. Luckily, someone big was watching over me and I was able to convince the construction workers to move their cars. This allowed the ABF driver to drop off two cubes right at my back door.

I was a little surprised to see that they seemed to be smaller than I expected.

While I am no engineer, Glenn comes from a brainiac family of them and was a Mathlete. Between that & the fact that I am a store designer & deal with dimensional math pretty regularly, we made it work.

Let me tell you...we have 2 cubes that measure 6'x7'x8'. I figured that two of them would be the equivalent of a 15' U-Haul which is the last thing I used to move. I think I've outgrown the 15' U-Haul....

It took us 3 hours to pack the 1st cube, simply because we had to study every angle & open space to make sure we were using it to the fullest and packing in every square inch. Mission accomplished as you can see by the photo.

We had a few spare minutes of daylight but after pure exhaustion, made the executive decision to quit after filling Relocube #1 and order our pizza & crack a beer...

In the words of Homer Simpson...."mmmmm beeeeeeeeeerrrr".

No comments: