Thursday, May 17, 2007

Keep your hands and feet inside the car at all times


I find that during all of this craziness my emotions are on a huge roller coaster. Something kind of like Flashback at Six Flags Over Texas. I have to say that after working there for a year and having seasons passes for 3 years, Flashback is my favorite roller coaster. I think it has something to do with that insane feeling of having absolutely no control. It goes forwards, upside down and backwards as well. Kind of like life.
Today Brian (my best friend since 1983) & I decided that while our lives were somewhat paralleling each others (lots of life change & drama), we have the ability to understand each others problems even if they are different from our own. One day he talks, bitches, vents and I listen and the next day it's my turn. Today he was talking about his issues and I said, "you know if I wasn't dealing with all of my own drama, I might tell you to go home, meditate, go run, workout, you know....relax!...but instead I understand exactly how you feel so go home & have a cocktail...it's okay".
I know that I can be the queen of unsolicited advice & I identify that in myself, so going through this stuff right now it's kind of interesting to be on the flip side and having everyone tell you things like, "you just need a night off" or "just go home and relax!". Sorry folks, moving across the country alone, changing jobs, leaving all of your friends & family...not too relaxing. I'll relax when I get to Chi-town.
Not bitter I promise, just edgey.
I took my frustrations out on an idiot cab driver who called the store today because one of our regional team needed a cab. I happened to answer the phone and in a nutshell his comment was, "by the time I get over there she will have already hailed a cab so I don't need to come that far". Hailed a cab??? In Dallas??? On Inwood Road??? It took me three time to decifer what he was saying before I had to say, "look, cabs don't come here...cabs don't just come anywhere in Dallas....if we called you, we need you...you need to come now!".
When was the last time anyone in Dallas "hailed" a cab from the dusty part of Inwood Road??? If I'm mistaken you Dallasites, please correct me.
Anyway, sorry to babble on...
....bottom line is, life is a roller coaster & right now I'm in the loop.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

As always my dear you see such things with such humor. What an absolute marvelous adventure. Perhaps you are not seeing that now, however soon - - -very soon you will.. Best Wishes as Always

Brian said...

You had me at, "Keep you hands and feet inside the car at all times." I must say I prefer the Shock Wave to Flashback, and even remember the safety recording: "Please secure all loose items in shirt pockets. Loose items are easily lost. Keep your arms, legs, and elbows inside the car; and your head against the headrest at all times during the ride."