Sunday, November 4, 2007

KJ (aka Kurt) is not American












I went out with my cousins KJ and Amy last night. KJ lives here in Chi-town and Amy & her husband Sam came to visit for the weekend.




It's really nice getting together with family that you pretty much NEVER see. KJ & I have gotten together a few times now since I moved and I hope to do so more often...family is so important and it boggles my mind how we tend to take it for granted...Anyway, we went out for dinner & several beers. I learned a few things....


1) KJ can't stand how we Americans fake our big cheesy smiles in photos...hence the above lead-in picture...


2) The Johnson's (my maternal family) repeat themselves when drinking....from what I was told, this is a passed down family trait. I am most positive that KJ has a picture of Jack Kerouac in his bedroom (sorry to throw you under the bus KJ!)


3) Amy & Sam are a super cute couple and Amy looks and sounds exactly like her mother


4) No one in the family refers to KJ as Kurt....it's not part of the natural order of things.


5) Apparently I was built up to be a big party girl and sorely disappointed everyone when I skipped out on moving-on-to-the-next-bar and headed home. Old lady extraordinaire.


6) I don't care that much for Duvel beer even if it has an 8.5% alcohol content.


7) Sam thinks that all Texans drink Shiner Bock and Budweiser and sound like someone named Cooter....I think he's spent a little too much time in Mansfield! He supported the Texan & that little brewery in Shiner, TX by drinking this very beer last night. Thanks Y'all!


8) Amy picked the first guy she saw leaving the bar to take our group photo...little did we know he was toasted...hence the blurry photo.

My family rocks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you got together with your cousins KJ and Amy, along with her husband, Sam. The four of you look great and appeared to be having a wonderful time in the Windy City. Trust your dinner went well, didn't drink to many beers and then tell family tales not worth repeating.
All is well with us here in sunny Texas (84 degrees today)including Champ. Give Radar a hug for us.
Take care, all our Love,
Mom, Dad and Champ