Sunday, November 11, 2007

Things I DON'T like about Chicago

Okay, in many emails I've said, "I love this city!"...but I'm feeling compelled to touch on a few things I don't really care for...

-Everyone honks their horn too much.
-If you don't take a special interest in paying attention to pedestrians and cyclists...you can pretty much guarantee that at some point...you're going to hit one.
-As a pedestrian...you'd better watch the hell out.
-You must plan your events around the big question...to drive or not to drive...because traffic sucks, and if you get home after 8PM, you WILL have to circle for an undetermined amount of time to find a parking spot. -The later you get home, the worse it gets.
-I am going to turn into a giant fat person because there is SO much heavy food and amazing beer everywhere you go (okay so that's not so bad!).
-The current weather in Chicago is what Texans would call Winter...Chicagoans call it Fall and say things like, "winter's coming!"...I'm a little fearful of this Winter thing...
-I am having to slowly acquire winter "gear" as not to get caught ill-prepared.
...and the worst thing about living in Chicago is...The sun sets here approx. 1 hour earlier than it does in Dallas, TX.... My assumption is that it is because we are farther from the equator...The current sunset time is 4:33 pm. I can't tell if it's 5:00 pm or midnight....
Okay, off my chest... but again... I do still love this city.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Oh yeah, you are about to have your first Chicago winter...I feel for you. Maybe this global warming crap will benefit you this year.