Sunday, November 18, 2007

Okay, sorry folks...


I haven't posted in a week...I'm sure you are all on the edge of your seats wondering what I'm doing...yeah right.

Last weekend Glenn came to visit so I was kind of busy. Got to show him the sites and the crappy weather of Chicago. It was gray & dim all weekend but nevertheless....we went to a real, true TIKI BAR!!!!! Most of you know how exciting that is to me right?? We went to the Hala Kahiki. It's been around since the 60's and all they serve are Polynesian drinks...no food. Good combo right? It was an amazing atmosphere even if we got there a little bit early and it was somewhat empty. All I know is it makes me ready for a vacation to the islands....sigh....
Okay, the rest of the week has been fairly low key. Just trying to acclimate to the colder weather being EVERY DAY, and the insanely early sunset... the sun sets at 4:freaking:30. By 5:00 it's like midnight outside. Another sigh...
Last night I went to Sarah's house to hang out with her, Stephanie, and their men. They just got a new 42" flat screen and a Wii game system...I am so far behind in video games since Pong....
Anyway, I ventured out to take the bus to her house so I didn't have to drive. She's only 15 min. away if that, but when I get home at midnight, it might take me 30 min. to find a parking space on the street...and that might be 3-5 blocks away. So I decided to take a cab home instead of waiting for the bus chaos. When I got to my house, I handed the driver my debit card & he says, "Just go!!!", "you pay w/a credit card again, I won't pick you up, you can be sure of that!"....okay dude, whatever. I have yet to get in a cab lately that doesn't take plastic, but what a score for me...a free cab ride home!
Other than that, just trying to figure out the holidaze & what they entail. Getting some light shopping finished and working on some knitting.
I was just "invited" to join this site called Ravelry.com. It's kind of like a MySpace for knitters. You list your projects, yarn, needles, books, etc. You can keep track of your stuff online...what yarn & pattern you used for each thing...stuff like that. You also have Friends and you can see what other members are working on, get free patterns, look at other peoples yarn selections, etc...
You have to be invited to join....how posh am I....or better yet, how dorky am I? I'm turning into a consummate yarn dork....and I like it.

1 comment:

sarah b. said...

Yay for ravelry! Yay for free cab rides!