Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Reality Bites


I just realized that in a day, some real-live winter weather is going to hit and I'm not prepared.

We are supposed to have 2-3 inches of snow between 5pm tomorrow (Wed.) night and midnight Thurs. morning. I am supposed to drive to Michigan Thurs. morning for Thanksgiving....hmmm....very interesting.

I have a down coat, scarves, hats, and decent gloves...but not snowball gloves...they're leather. Tonight I had an epiphany...I have no snow shoes. Not the kind you wear that look like giant tennis rackets when you're walking through mountains of snow, but regular shoes to wear in the snow. I think my motorcycle boots might be my only option until after the holiday passes....wow...

Cassidy & I realized this weekend that we are in fear of the Chicago winter. We didn't really take into consideration the amount of "gear" we would need to purchase in order to function. Thermal underwear, snow boots, heavy socks, leg warmers (oh yes I did), Elmer Fudd hats, etc... and can I remind you all that all of this costs money????

I guess I'll just strap a saddle on Radar and he can cart me around like a little pack mule...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

3 comments:

sharky gomez said...

Maybe this will keep you warm...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qqY0x7Mpo9s

Anonymous said...

Girl! The shoes are REALLY important...don't let your feet get wet or its over! he he he!

We are supposed to have a cold front move through today.......55! WOW.

Happy Thanksgiving Kristen!
Hugs

sarah b. said...

I got my snow boots from Cabelas.com... present from dad for xmas last year. They are really big and heavy and I look like the scary old snow-shoveling man in Home Alone when I wear them.
I'll send you the link.