Saturday, January 19, 2008

This week in the news

Well let's start out with SUCK. What SUCKS is I have received 2 parking tickets in the last 2 weeks. This SUCKS. The first one was bad enough. I didn't realize that I didn't have enough quarters to fill my meter downtown while I was parked for an appt. I thought I might run out but get lucky. I did not. $50 for a meter ticket. SUCK. What really makes me mad about that is that you see people all the time running into Starbucks for coffee, pulling up to a meter & putting on their flashers. I always put the quarter in the meter because I thought it was bad Karma. Go figure.

Then the other morning, I walked out to my car to the tune of yet another parking ticket because I was about 2 inches over the yellow line of the fire hydrant lane. $100. Even bigger SUCK! $150 for absolutely nothing. SUCK!
Okay, anyway moving on...

Today is supposed to be real, live, cold. Right now it's 0 degrees out and the current wind chill is -19. Woo Hoo! What SUCKS with that is that I can't stay home all day. I actually have to go downtown for an appt. this morning. It's given me a chance to test out the fabulous new Elmer Fudd hat that my parents gave me for Christmas. I am so freaking hot in this hat! I'm sure to have guys flocking to me with this baby on....

No comments: