Sunday, October 14, 2007

Loot!

Today I decided that while I NEED to clean my house, I WANT to go shopping.
I tried to go to the local Gap however it is in a tiny mall with lots of stores I don't really frequent...like Hot Topix, Journeys, Great Clips, etc.... In that respect I was spoiled in Dallas....all the big retailers that you find on Michigan Ave. were in one mall 3 blocks from my house...and I'm used to that.
So with that being said, I took the El downtown to go to Michigan Ave. First off, there was the observation of the mentally ill woman on the train who couldn't decide whether to cry, laugh, or bang on the window yelling "Jesus...Jesus!"...she had a fit because the train line has construction going on & the train wasn't going to hit the underground stops...we were informed of this 2 stops beforehand (which was a little late in my opinion). She grabbed the emergency door pull & proceeded to scream, "oh no, the door is NOT going to close until you tell me where the fuck this train is stopping!". The drama went on & on so I got off & switched to another line which meant more walking for me...
ANYWAY...I had a great time at the gigantor Gap, then as I left I decided to try to ride the bus & see if I could find my way around. I took the bus up to a street I knew, got off, proceeded back to the El, and accidentally found a thrift shop called, "Land of the Lost". Which by the way was one of my favorite of the Sid & Marty Kroft shows of the 70's...right up there with Wonderbug.
So in summary, I totally scored today. I got a $150 pair of Seven For All Mankind cords for $20, a Les Baxter album for $3, and a groovy vintage purse for $10.
I topped this off with a stop at the local Mexican grocery store because I didn't feel like driving to Jewel Osco. I can't get over how much better the produce & meat is and it's dirt cheap. I paid $1.50 for fresh sun dried tomatoes & $1.49 for tomatoes on the vine! Crazy!
Add this on to the Gap purchases (partially paid for by Champ...thanks!) AND the 2 mini skirts I got at Old Navy yesterday on sale for $3.97 each and I would say it was success all the way around.
Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

sarah b. said...

happy b-day Kristen!!!! Hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow. Sweet dreams! xoxoxoxoxo