Sunday, March 29, 2009

what time is it?

This may sound stupid and/or not much of a "wow" factor but I spent 2 days not knowing what time it was. I am amazed and stunned not only at how difficult it was sometimes but how liberating it was simply not to care.

While camping in St. Augustine this past week, the watches came off and the cell phones were turned off after about 3 hours. That evening it didn't really occur to us what we were doing but the next morning it hit home. As my eyes opened (to a confused little dog), one time it was dark outside, the next it was light. The first instinct was to look at a clock & wonder "what time is it?". When I realized I didn't have a clock, the next instinct was to find one. Instead I just layed there & thought, " do I really care?" "does it really matter?".
It's sad how our lives revolve around the fucking clock. So the order of the day was... No Time. We ate when hungry & slept when tired & showered when dirty... and gaged the time by the sun.

How primative and lovely all at the same time. I can only dream of living an entire week this way!...but wait! What about my Facebook addiction???

No comments: