Sunday, March 22, 2009

Health Class 101... or not...

I just spend the weekend in a 3 day Ayurvedic workshop. My head is totally spinning. Not only did I completely fill my head to capacity with information... but I think I have found one of MY teachers.

As someone who got my certification through a program not associated with a studio, I have been wandering the city like a nomad in search of a studio to call home, as well as hoping to resonate with more teachers as I have with Bhakti at Chi-Town Shakti.

James Tennant presented the workshop which covered how to apply Ayurveda to your asana practice. His teaching was amazing, the content was insanely comprehensive, I could just feel the passion he has for Yoga and Ayurveda in how he presented the material, the practices we did made a huge amount of sense, and well, he's pleasing on the eyes (bonus) even if he's not on my team AND, well, I'm head over heels in love with my Brit...

I am STOKED about going to one of his full practices. It's like when you find the perfect pair of shoes... I think that he might be my perfect pair of shoes... for yoga.

For you yogis & yoginis out there, I recommend checking out Moksha Yogas studio at 700 Carpenter if you haven't been there before. The staff was super friendly and they have a great boutique full of yummy yoga goodies.

Namaste :)

No comments: