Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I must... I must....

...no I must not increase my bust... (you children o' the 70's must remember that one!)...
Anyway, I must complain... it's April 29th and it's 36 fucking degrees outside! What the hell????? This is crazy. I was all for winter and the snow but enough already! Good lord up above...
I should not be walking around in gloves, complaining that my ears are burning from the cold. Did I mention that it was windy too? I think the wind chill is about 30. This sucks hard, big ones.
Okay enough already. My cousin KJ (Kurt... fine, I'll throw in his preferred name!) got accepted for a teaching position in France. He'll be teaching English as a second language. He's totally stoked about it and I'm totally stoked for him. He's ready to go across the pond with a duffle bag & a backpack and move his life for the sake of experience. Good for him! I commend it no matter how crazy others might think it is. I've said it before, "if you don't jump, you can't land". It's taking risks in life just like that that make us stronger and more intelligent.
I may not have a college degree, but I'll take my street smarts and life experiences over any diploma any day of the week.

No comments: