Sunday, March 9, 2008

Good morning!

Well good morning all. It's a dreary Sunday morning here is cold-ass Chicago. I am officially ready for winter to be gone! I enjoyed it from November through February, but now enough is enough. Radar agrees w/me wholeheartedly.
I'm pretty sure my Ipod is dead. You have NO idea how bad that sucks for me. I use it every single day. So NOW on top of getting a few parking tickets, having my car towed, and needing to get Radar's shots this week, it looks as though I might be purchasing a new Ipod in my future. Sigh. As Glenn put it, "usually bad things come in 3's....you seem to be working on a baker's dozen!".
Oh well, it's still not as bad as the homeless pile of people I saw under Lower Wacker Drive when I had to walk to the pound to get my car out. I rounded a corner and there was about 20 yards of blankets and trash bags full of life. Until I actually stepped around 2 blanket lumps, I didn't realize that the blankets were full of people trying to keep warm.
Not only was it a shocking sight, but a more shocking sight being on foot. It was quite humbling as I realized how lucky I am to have the things that I do in my life. Yes, getting my car towed sucked. Yes, having my Ipod break sucks. Yes, having to pay Dell to remove a virus from my computer sucks (forgot to mention that one earlier). But in the grand scheme of life, I have a family, friends, job, home, clothes, car, and food. Whining about paying for a luxury like a computer, car, and Ipod seems insignificant when you consider these people trying to literally SURVIVE living on concrete under a bridge. Here is an article I found that's a little old but quite interesting.
So you get the point. Be thankful for what you have.
Have a wonderful Sunday! xo

No comments: