Monday, October 6, 2008

Control Freaks


I've been talking lately to friends of mine about how sometimes feeling out of control can be a very empowering feeling... especially after the fact. During, however, you tend to feel like you want to choke someone or curl up into a ball in the floor and bawl your head off.

In hind site, I think that moving from Dallas made me understand myself and who I am by about 1000%. Even more so was going through quite a bout of depression. I never really got the definition of what depressed really was until I was deep in it. It's like that person who calls into work with a migraine... someone who doesn't get migraines thinks, "good Lord, take a Tylenol and come to work"... the ones who get migraines think, "oh no, poor thing, I feel for you... do you need any good drugs?". It's empathizing through association. If you haven't been there then chances are you really don't get it.

I've been depressed, I get it. The funny thing is, as shitty as it was going through it, it was probably one of the best, most informative things that could have ever happened to me. I honestly think I'm a better person because of it... how crazy is that?

Everyone wants some sort of control whether at home, work, or internally. Control the house, control the kids, control your boss, control your employees, control the finances, control your spending, control your bad habits, my hair needs extra control, mission control, etc...
Isn't being out of control much more liberating and how you learn the most about yourself?


I thought this was a great article to pass along.

No comments: