Friday, October 3, 2008

Namaste... or ZZZZZZ

I started school last week. For those of you who didn't know, I am going to school to get certified as a Yoga Instructor.
I've been interested in doing this for some time, but stopped looking into it seriously when I realized that no studios/programs/schools worked around work schedules.
I stumbled upon this totally by mistake. Long story short, this program is 2 nights a week and Saturdays for 13 weeks.
Today was the first day reality hit and I thought, "Holy shit, I'm working full time and taking 15 hours of school, no wonder I'm tired". Not to mention that each class is 3-4 hours of poses straight through. Not in a steady flow, but being held for some time while we breakdown the makeup of each pose. Needless to say, my body is screaming at me.
The way I look at it, it's 13 weeks out of my life (11 after tomorrow's class!) and it's going to pay off big time in the long run. This will totally be worth it.
Until then, I must go get some rest... and figure out when the hell I'm going to do things like laundry!

No comments: