Tuesday, June 24, 2008

They be beige...

So today as I rode the train to work I noticed something.... everyone is very beige. Not in terms of skin, but in terms of clothes. I was wearing an orange shirt w/a pink tank underneath it that stuck out of the bottom, a pink & orange big-ass plastic bracelet, khaki cargo pants, and pink converse. I must have looked like a freak to everyone because EVERYONE ON THE TRAIN WAS BEIGE!!!!
Let me explain.... not one person appeared to be wearing any color outside of the business rainbow. This means, black, white, brown, khaki, powder blue, grey, green (forest) navy blue, plaids (subdued of course), tan, ecru, vanilla, YUK!!! Not that I judge people by their clothes, (well, maybe a little) but wow!!! Everyone looked the same. I don't think one person was memorable enough for me to actually know if I saw them on the street. Well, one exception is the bozo haired man who is there every morning and stands too close to the stairs and gets irritated because everyone excuses themselves past him. He frowns and shakes his head a lot... he's memorable.
Anyway, I was quite proud of my individual style just like I'm proud to drive an orange car. I guess you could say I stand out in a crowd and I like it.
Kind of like what you see when you click here....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No one said I was innovative asshole. Actually my point was because I wasn't one of the beige people, I stuck out like a sore thumb. Idiot.